Thursday 11 December 2008

When I Come Back as a Lesbian I want to be Shane from the L Word

I have a serious girl crush on Shane from the L Word.

In fact Town Bike, Bad Smell and I all do.


Alice: Shane!
Papi: Shane?
Alice: Ahh, this ought to be interesting.
[showdown music]
Shane: Hey, hey.
Papi: You're Shane?
Shane: [shoots tequila, exhales] Whew! [addresses Papi] Yeah.
Papi: You're just a skinny little white girl.
Shane: [looks down at herself] Oh. Yeah, I guess I am.
Alice: Shane!
Shane: [distractedly] What?
Alice: This is Papi.
Shane: Who?
Alice: Papi.
Shane: So what?
Papi: So, I'm your competition.
Shane: Oh. Oh, OK. Well, you know, I don't know exactly what we're competing for, but, uh, you win. So, it was nice meeting you.

She is just so incredibly cool.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand that at all! What does it mean???

Miss Contradiction said...

The L Word is a show about a bunch of lipstick lesbians.

Shane is the most promiscuous of the group and has slept with over 1000 women or something like that.

Papi is another lesbian who turns up in season 4 and considers herself Shane's competition because she is also basically a slut.

Anyway the quote in the post is their exchange at their first meeting.

Shane absolutely does not give a toss at all.

Got it?

Anonymous said...

When is that on TV? I have never heard of it at all.

Miss Contradiction said...

It's a little bit too risque for free to air. I think it's probably on Fox, but I just get the DVD's.

Town Bike got me onto it.

Town Bike said...

I loved Shane at first but she's a little bit lame in the latest season when she hooks up with the single mum.

Anonymous said...

Why does everything seem to revolve aroung Shane/Shayne